India 31 August 2016: With Ganesh Chathurthi round the corner, it is time to decorate our home with different ideas to make it beautiful, colorful and pleasant to please the Lord Ganesha. What is more fun than re-uniting with your family and creating your own Ganpati Decoration Designs to welcome Ganpati Bappa in your own style!
It is now time to stop searching and be creative and do something different in our own way of decorating things. Hobby Ideas, India’s leading art & craft brand, is glad to bring to you a variety of Ganpati decoration ideas and recipes of eco-friendly decoration for a beautiful Ganesh Chathurthi. These recipes are eco friendly, easy to be made and can be made by anyone, specially, families bringing in Ganpati at home. Also, the materials required are readily available at home.
The recipes have been made with keeping in mind that a lot of people prepare the decorations on their own at their home.
Here are the top 5 recipes that all families would like to make and have a happy and beautiful Ganesh Chathurthi.
1 - Ganesha Backdrop Decoration
Materials required: Fine Art Canvas Board 20" x 20" In Size, Hobby Ideas
Round Shaped MDF Wooden Placemat, Colour Palette, Water Container, Orange Coloured Card Paper,Pencil, Ruler, Scissors, Round Shaped Mirrors (medium and 1 big sized), Recycled Tissue Roll, Paper Cutter, Fevicryl Acrylic Colours , Outliner Non Sticky, Fine Glitter, Cone Outliner, Fevicryl Fabric Glue,
METHOD • Take a fine art canvas board measuring 20" x 20" in size. Sponge dab the canvas board with Fevicryl Acrylic Colour Sparkling Pearl. Leave it to dry. Take the orange coloured card paper.
• Draw and cut the square measuring 20" x 20" in size. Fold the paper in a triangular shape further to get the shape of a flower by cutting it in an appropriate manner. You will get the big flower shape just with simple folds. Make two such flowers for the backdrop of Lord Ganesha. Take the MDF wooden placemat. Sponge dab it with Fevicryl Acrylic Colours
• Arrange and embed each mirror from the outer circumference to the centre of the placemat using Fevicryl 3D Cone Outliners
• Take the recycled tissue paper roll, cut a small round ring out of it.
• Stick the big card paper flower with a slight raised effect with the tissue roll ring using Fevicryl Fabric Glue. Let it dry. After drying stick the big mirror placemat in the centre of the flower with Fevicryl Fabric Glue.
• Paint the petals of the big flower by giving dry brush strokes on it with Fevicryl 3D Outliner Non Sticky Fine Glitter - Silver 402. Let it dry. Decorate the outline of the canvas with Fevicryl 3D Outliner Non Sticky Fine Glitter - Silver 402 along with few mirrors in each corner.
• Make sure that the upper layers of the petals turn or curl slightly inwards. Your Ganesha Backdrop Decoration is ready!!
2) Ganesha Decoration with fan fold and roses
Materials required: Tinted Papers (Dark Green, Red, Yellow), Pencil, Scissors, QuillingTool, Fevicryl 3D Outliner Non Sticky Glitter - Gold 401, Fevicol MR
METHOD • Take 6 sheets of full imperial sized green card papers. Fold the paper in the fanfolding technique (Alternate reverse folds). Make 6 such fans.
• Join the 6 fanfold sheets by sticking it with Fevicol MR in such a way to make the big round shaped fan as shown in the image below :
• Stick the end of each flower with Fevicol MR. Make about 13 red and 10 yellow coloured flowers. Arrange and stick these flowers on the round shaped fan around the idol of Lord Ganesha with Fevicol MR. Enhance the edges of the flowers by dabbing it with Fevicryl 3D Outliner Non Sticky Glitter. Your just created your own unique Ganesha Decoration with fan fold and roses!
3) Paper flower garland – origami Use origami flowers to make a Paper Garland for your Ganesha idol to give a festive look this season. These Easy Origami flowers handmade with love are sure to enhance the beauty of the festival.
Materials required: Fevicryl 3D Outliner Non Sticky Glitter - Aqua Blue 416, Fevicryl Fabric Glue, Fevicol MR, Full Imperial Sheet Of Light Pink Card Paper, Ruler, Scissors, Paper Cutter, Ornamental Stones (Aqua Blue Coloured), Golden Coloured Ribbon
METHOD: • Take a full imperial sheet of light pink card paper. Cut the paper in two sizes. You will need 1 big square measuring 4 1/2" and 4 small squares of 3 1/2" in size to make the origami flowers.
• Fold the paper into half. Fold it again into half to make 4 equal parts, open the folds. Fold from one corner to the other opposite corner by creasing it firmly with your nails. You will get the triangular shape. Open the triangular shape. Repeat the earlier step for the opposite corners. Now hold the left corner tip and fold it to meet the centre triangular tip by creasing it firmly with your nails. Repeat the earlier step for the right side also.
• You will get the diamond shape. Take the tip of the left corner of the diamond shape and crease it in it's centre. Repeat the tip of the right corner of the diamond shape and crease it in it's centre.
• Flip the paper and repeat the earlier step. You will get the creased lines on both the sides of the centre. Open up the triangular folds. Now cut on the creased lines. You can see the oblong diamond shape. Refer to the image.
• Take one of the petals from oblong diamond shape. Open the uppermost flap which is seen raised (or looking like mountain) of the oblong diamond shape. Press it slightly to keep the petal open. Refer to the image.
• Make 36 such petals.Assemble and stick the petals one by one using Fevicol MR. Leave it to dry. You will get one big and 4 small sized origami flowers.
• Outline the petals which are in the raised effect with Fevicryl 3D Outliner Non Sticky Glitter. Let it dry. Take the golden coloured ribbon.Take origami flowers and stick them on the golden coloured ribbon using Fabric Glue. The Garland is ready!
4) Toran with glitter papers Attractive glitter papers can make vibrant torans that can uplift your home decor. This toran can make an interesting ganpati decoration idea at home that can be made with all the zest and fervour this festive season.
Materials required: Fevicryl Acrylic Colours,Fine Art Canvas Sheet 16" x 20" Size, Hobby Ideas - Foam Sheet Glitter Mix, Colour Palette, Water Container, A4 Sized White Paper, Pencil, Ruler, Scissors, Silver Ribbon, Ornamental Stones (purple coloured flower shaped)
METHOD: • Take an A4 sized white paper. Draw a big and small flower motif on it. Take a fine art canvas sheet measuring 16" x 20" in size. Paint the sheet with Fevicryl Acrylic Colours. Draw a big flower motif on the rear side of the canvas sheet. Draw 7 such flowers. Cut along the outlines of each flower and circle.
• Take the different coloured glitter foam sheets by Hobby Ideas. Draw a small sized flower and few circles on the rear side of the glitter foam sheets. Cut along the outlines of each flower and circle. Stick the circles on each of the glitter flower with Fabric Glue. Leave it to dry.
• Stick each glitter flower on the painted canvas flower with Fabric Glue.Let it dry. Outline each golden flower with Fevicryl 3D Cone Outliner Non Sticky Glitter - Silver 402
• Take the silver coloured ribbon in the size of your main door. Dangle each flower by sticking it at equal distances to make the toran using Fabric Glue.
Decorate the toran by sticking few purple coloured flower shaped ornamental stones with Fabric Glue.
5) Weaving techniques for asana This unique weaving technique is a rather interesting craft idea for festivals. This paper weaved asana painted with metallic colour will enhance the beauty of your Ganpati Decoration.
Material required : Colour Palette, Water Container, Recycled Newspapers, White Cartridge Paper, Ruler, Scissors, Half Cut Pearls, Embossing Pad,Fevicryl Acrylic Colour Pearl Metallic - Gold 352, Fevicol MR, Fine Art,Brushes, Artistry Ink - Fancy Fuchsia, Amazon Trail, Hobby Ideas - Flower Punch
METHOD: • Take recycled newspapers. Cut the full sheet into half. Take the half sheet and roll it in to thin flat strips about 1" broad. Stick the ends with Fevicol MR. Make about 36 such strips. • Take each newspaper strip and start weaving in an alternate manner. The weaving should approximately measuring 18” x 18" in size to form a square mat. Paint the weaved mat with Fevicryl Acrylic Colour Pearl Metallic – Gold 352. Leave it to dry. • Take white cartridge papers. Use Hobby Ideas - Flower Punch to to get punched flowers. You will need about 250 flowers. Paint the flowers in two shades using two colour Artistry Ink - FancyFuchsia and Amazon Trail. • Arrange and stick the flowers in layers using Fevicol MR. Take half cut pearls and stick each pearl in the centre of each flower with Fevicol MR. Enhance the woven mat by sticking a bunch of flowers on the corners aswell as in the centre and around the idol !!
~Designs provided by www.hobbyideas.in