India 14 August 2016: Why spend so much money on spa treatments when you can get spa like facial at home. The secret to healthy glowing skin is right there hiding in your kitchen. Making your own homemade face masks and scrubs is relatively simple. You can make your own awesome homemade masks just with a few ingredients.
Egg White Facial Mask for All Skin Types :
Egg whites are an essential in many facial masks. Egg whites are full of proteins and leave skin feeling soft and smooth. You can use egg whites alone on the face or add a few ingredients found in any kitchen to soften dry skin, tone up oily skin and even heal inflamed skin.
Recipe with Egg Whites :
- 2 egg whites, separated from the yolk and placed in a bowl.
- 2 tablespoons of plain yogurt.
- Separate the egg whites from a couple eggs and place them in a bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons of yogurt.
- Mix them up and apply to face. Leave on face for a few minutes then rinse face in warm water, followed by a warm washcloth.
Oatmeal and Yogurt Facial Mask for All Skin Types :
This is a simple face mask which includes only 3 basic ingredients. This face mask is suitable for all skin types and is super simple to prepare. This face mask will cleanse and rejuvenate your skin. Oatmeal and Yogurt mask is great for soothing chapped, sunburned or otherwise irritated skin.
Recipe with Oatmeal :
- 1 cup natural yogurt
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- A few drops of honey
- Mix the ingredients together.
- Apply to the skin for 10-15 minutes.
- Wash with a steamed wash cloth
Brown Sugar Scrub for All Skin Types :
Sugar is known for its exfoliating properties. Sugar is used to exfoliate the dead skin from the surface of the skin. Sugar is one of the best natural exfoliant. Sugar doesn't tear at the skin like salt does, hence its more preferred as an exfoliant than salt.
Brown Sugar scrub recipe :
- 1/2 cup Manuka honey or plain honey.
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp olive or coconut oil
- 1 drop of your favorite essential oil
Apply mixture to skin and massage in a circular motion to ensure you are removing dead skin from your face. Rinse with warm water and press skin with a warm washcloth.
Coffee & Cocoa Facial Mask for All Skin Types :
Coffee grounds are rich in caffeine which brings a glow to your face. Cocoa is rich in antioxidants which helps in clearing out dirt and dust from the face. You can use coffee grounds and cocoa powder to brighten a dull complexion and decrease puffiness in your face. This coffee and cocoa mask is excellent for dry, oily and dehydrated skin.
Coffee and Cocoa Mask Recipe :
4 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
4 Tbsp finely ground espresso or coffee beans
8 Tbsp unflavored yogurt
2 Tbsp honey if you have dry skin or lemon juice
if you have oily skin
- Mix coffee and cocoa powder in a bowl.
- Add the yogurt and stir until a smooth paste forms.
- Stir in the honey
- Apply this paste to your clean face and neck.
- Let the coffee and cocoa mask dry.
- Wet a washcloth and press it to your face to loosen the mask, then rinse with warm water.
Yogurt Facial (face) Mask :
This Yogurt face mask suits for all skin types. Yogurt is loaded with vitamins and minerals that nourish and revitalize dehydrated skin. If you have acne-prone skin, use yogurt face masks to banish those pesky pimples.
Yogurt Face Mask Recipe :
1 teaspoon yogurt
1 teaspoon honey
1 teaspoon oats
Combine all the ingredients in a small mixing bowl and mix well.
Apply a thick coat to your face with clean finger tips. Let it settle for 15 minutes.
When the time is up, gently rinse your face with warm water and ensure the entire mask comes off.
Splash cold water on your face to close up your pores. Pat dry with a soft clean towel.
Homemade Clay Facial mask for All Skin Types :
Clay, is now becoming increasingly popular as a rediscovered treatment for several skincare conditions. Clay masks deep-clean, moisturize, and stop those blemishes from ever coming back. One should apply clay mask regularly as it can give a natural glow to your face.
Recipe for clay mask:
- 1 Tbsp bentonite clay
- 1 Tbsp plain yogurt
Combine the bentonite clay and yogurt. Apply to the face for 10-15 minutes. To remove the mask, wash your face with warm water and a washcloth.
Rejuvenating Pumpkin Facial Mask for Alll Skin Types :
The pulp of pumpkin is full of enzymes which naturally exfoliates dead skin cells and it also has beta carotene and Vitamin A which soothes the skin. The gentle exfoliation and the way they leave your skin feeling smooth and refreshed.
Pumpkin Face Pack Recipe
- 1/2 cup fresh pumpkin pulp (you can use canned in a pinch)
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoon almond milk
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Purée the fresh pumpkin pulp into a thick paste. Add the egg
Skin Brightening Turmeric Face Mask :
Turmeric is a bright yellow spice used in many Indian recipes. Turmeric face mask brightens the skin, leaving skin looking glowy. For oily skin you can add lemon juice and yogurt. Curcumin is the main ingredient of turmeric which works to suppress excess melanin production caused by sunlight.
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder.
- 2 tablespoons flour or cornstarch
- A few drops of runny honey
- If you have oily skin add 1/4 cup plain yogurt & few drops of lemon juice
- If you have dry skin add 2 tbsp coconut oil, sweet almond oil or olive oil
Mix the flour and turmeric together. Once combined, stir in the honey.
If you have oily skin: Add lemon juice and stir. Slowly mix in the yogurt until a creamy paste is formed. Use more or less yogurt to your liking.
If you have dry skin: Add the oil slowly and stir until a paste is formed. Add more for more creaminess.
Apply mask to face and neck.
Leave the mask on for 15-20 minutes.
Using a warm, wet washcloth that you don't mind staining rinse off the mask