August 11, 2016, Chennai : Kwality Milk Foods Ltd started its milk business in 1996 by setting up a small dairy plant in Kanchipuram. The company has been growing steadily since then and today has a milk handling capacity of around 2.25 lakh litres of milk per day. The Company has now setup a composite milk processing plant which can manufacture all the dairy products, specifically Skimmed Milk Powder, Dairy Whitener, Curd/Yogurt, Buttermilk, Lassi, Butter, Sweetened Condensed Milk, Paneer, Ghee etc. The products of the company are sold under the brand name "Sona". The brand has excellent consumer loyalty in the market wherever the products are present.
Sona Chocolate treat
Sona Strawberry delight
Sona Badam Drink
Sona Chocolate Milk Shake
Sona Strawberry Milk Shake
Sona Chocolate Milk Shake
Sona Vanilla Milk shake
Sona toned Milk
Anytime anywhere tasty milk.
uht milk: 200 ml and 500 ml (pouch)
The Company has state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities and has FSSAI, ISO 22000, BIS and Agmark Certifications. The Company is professionally managed and employs close to twenty Dairy Technologists/Food Technologists/Engineers. The Company has excellent laboratory facilities to ensure good quality of the products.
Kwality Milk Foods Ltd is happy to launch a range of new products:
1. Milkshakes: These are being launched in 200ml slim Brick Pack. Initially the Company is launching in three flavours, namely Vanilla, Strawberry & Chocolate. The Company products are richer when compared with other products available in the market. The Company also plans to launch other fruit-based milk drinks in the coming summer season. The product will initially be rolled-out in South India and will gradually be taken all over the country.
2. Flavoured Milk: The Company is happy to announce the launch of its flavoured milk. Initially three flavours are being launched, namely Badam Drink, Strawberry Delight& Chocolate Treat. The Company's flavoured milk is being launched in glass bottle as well as Poly Propylene bottle. The Company is one of the pioneers in launching flavoured milk in plastic bottles. Sona flavoured milk has a shelf life of four months.
3. UHT Milk: The Company has setup a state-of-the-art UHT Milk processing plant for manufacturing liquid milk. The Company is one of the few which can give UHT milk in multi-layered Pouch Pack as well as multi-layered laminate packs. The UHT milk has a shelf life of three months.
4. Canned Drinks: The Company will shortly be launching badam milk and flavoured milk drinks in 200ml cans. The Company expects very substantial market in India as well as in Middle East.
5. Malt Based Foods: The Company has setup a plant to manufacture malt based food. The product will be launched under the Brand "MOLTO". The Company intend to launch both brown and white malt products.
Kwality Milk Foods Ltd intends to remain in the forefront of innovation and shall also be launching various other products to meet the consumer needs in future.
Background of the Group
Kwality Ice cream was setup soon after independence by the Ghai Lamba family. They setup three major plants in Bombay, Delhi & Kolkata. The excellent quality of the Ice Cream ensured that the "Kwality Ice cream" became the market leaders in the country.
Kwality Ice cream was launched in Chennai in 1980. Kwality Ice cream in Chennai was promoted by Mr. Prem Ghai and actively managed by Mr. Rajiv Khanna.
Kwality Ice Cream grew steadily in the next 10 years to setup Ice cream plant in Bangalore & Coimbatore. The Company brands, "Kwality" & "Subzero", became household names in South India.
"Kwality-South" sold its Ice Cream business to Hindustan Lever Ltd along with other family members in North, West & East in 1995. Kwality-South continued to manufacture Ice cream for Hindustan Lever Ltd till 2008.
The Group entered the business of liquid milk and milk based products in 1996.