- Attractively priced at only INR 22,000 more than the 0.8 litre version
- Offered in 2 variants at an introductory starting price of INR 382,776
- The all new powerful 1.0L SCe engine offers best-in-class performance, taking forward Renault’s commitment of continuous innovation to deliver cars that best suit the customer
- Redefining the conventional notions of the 1 litre segment in India, the KWID 1.0L SCe sets new benchmarks in length, power to weight ratio, boot space, ground clearance and technology
- Renault KWID, Renault’s global compact hatchback for conquest was first launched in India, reflecting the importance of India in Renault’s global expansion plans
- First-in-segment features: SUV inspired design, 7 inch touchscreen Media Nav system, digital Instrument cluster, one-touch lane change indicator, radio speed dependent volume control, pro-sense seat belt pretensioners with load limiters
- Best-in-class features: boot capacity of 300 litres, Ergo-smart cabin, multiple storage spaces, upper segment body dimensions, interior space, service parts maintenance cost, ride & handling, personalization options
- Built with 98% localization, enabling a low cost of ownership
Chandigarh, August 22, 2016: Renault India, one of the fastest growing automotive brands in India, created history with its global car for conquest, Renault KWID. This Attractive, Innovative and Affordable car, is a true game-changer and volume driver for Renault India, amassing over 1,65,000 customer orders since its launch less than a year ago. Staying true to its commitment to keep building on the success of KWID with breakthrough product innovations, Renault launched the brand new KWID 1.0L SCe, which will offer a more powerful option to customers looking to purchase cars in the compact hatchback segment. KWID 1.0L SCe is launched at an affordable introductory price of only INR. 22,000 more than the 0.8L version.
Sumit Sawhney, Country CEO and Managing Director, Renault India Operations, said, “Renault KWID has revolutionised the compact hatchback segment in India, delivering our promise of creating a new era in automotive history. It has generated unprecedented success in its category and has won the hearts of customers’ and automotive experts alike. At Renault, we are committed to continuous innovation and we are happy to launch the Renault KWID 1.0L SCe today. With this launch, we look forward to welcoming more customers into the Renault family as we endeavor to aggressively build our presence in India.”
THE IDEAL COMBINATION OF POWER AND DESIGN
Renault KWID has been designed and developed by Renault’s global teams, including India, making it a truly international car. The KWID 1.0L SCe has been built solid and crafted carefully, taking the feature rich KWID to all new heights of excellence and vivacity.
KWID 1.0L SCe will add greater diversity to the range, taking forward the positioning of KWID as a car that enables customers’ to ‘Live For More’. The brand new 1.0 litre SCe engine is optimally designed for better performance. The 4 valves per cylinder of the Double Over Head Camshaft (DOHC) layout ensures low pressure drop and super-efficient valve lift for a higher air filling; thus allowing the engine to make usable power at low end, mid-range and high-end rev bands. This high technology engine offers excellent drivability, be it slick city streets or on the highway.
KWID 1.0L SCe will also feature new Speed –Sport designer graphics on the doors, and two-tone gloss grey ORVMs, enhancing its style quotient.
Safety is of paramount importance for Renault, and all its products meet and exceed the requisite safety standards set by the Indian regulatory authorities. Apart from several active and passive safety equipment, Renault KWID already comes with the option of the driver airbag. Taking safety to the next level, the KWID 1.0L SCe offers first-in-class pro-sense seat belt pretensioners with load limiters, an important safety feature that is usually offered in upper segment cars.
TAKING FORWARD THE KWID LEGACY
With KWID, Renault is focused on getting the fundamentals right, in terms of product, design, features, technology, launch timing, value and strategy. KWID has been a true game changer in all these aspects and was launched at 98% localization, which was also an industry first, and also strongly resonated with the ‘Make in India’ vision. Owing to its high localization levels, Renault has been successful in offering a very low cost of ownership to customers.
KWID continues to have a large appeal to first time buyers, indicating that it is truly an aspirational product, offering an outstanding value proposition. Together with first time buyers, it has led to new consumer trends across urban and rural India, thus playing an important role in growing the Renault brand in India. With the new KWID 1.0L SCe, customers will have more options to select a car that best suits their needs.
“Our roadmap for India is very clear, with an immediate goal of achieving a market share of over 5 per cent. We will continue with our product offensive strategy in India, as is reinforced by the KWID 1.0L SCe launch, to substantially grow the Renault brand in India. Together with our product portfolio expansion strategy, we are also significantly increasing our sales and network reach in India. These efforts are matched by a clear strategy to enhance the customer brand experience, with several unique and pioneering initiatives already underway to ensure that customers’ have an unmatched association with the Renault brand,” added Mr. Sawhney.
RENAULT KWID 1.0L SCe VARIANTS & PRICING
Renault KWID 1.0L SCe will be available in the following variants:
RXT 1.0 (O)
RENAULT KWID 1.0L SCe SPECIFICATIONS
RENAULT KWID 1.0L SCe
3 cylinders, DOHC 4 valves per cylinder
68 PS @5500 RPM
91Nm @ 4250 RPM
Mac Pherson Strut with lower traversing link
Twist beam suspension with coil spring
300 litres / 1115 litres when rear seats folded
Fuel tank volume
RENAULT KWID 1.0L SCe: BUILT WITH ATTRACTIVE, INNOVATIVE AND AFFORDABLE FEATURES
Unique SUV Design: The first car that stands ahead of its time with a unique SUV design, enhanced by the best-in-class ground clearance, an upright bold and structured front grille. The car has a powerful and significant road presence, with dual tone bumpers and other distinctive design elements, including the new “C” shaped Renault lighting signature.
Big Car Styling: Boasts of an ensemble of the best features that embellish its style statement – these include best-in-class exterior dimensions for a big car feel and incredible interior space, class leading wheelbase of 2422 mm. It has the best-in-class boot space of 300 litres, extendable to 1115 litres, which offers superb flexibility & convenience.
Segment Leader in Features: Comes with a 7 inch touchscreen Media Nav system, digital instrument cluster, remote keyless entry with central locking, one-touch lane change indicator, and front fog lamps for additional illumination and visual appeal.
Benchmark Ride & Handling: Offers high levels of comfort and control in all driving conditions, thanks to a finely tuned suspension set-up:
· Front: Mac Pherson strut with Lower Transverse link
· Rear: Twist beam suspension with coil spring
· Best-in-Class Ride Quality - like Duster
Ergonomics – Design Evolution:
· Ingenious comfort & convenience through best-in-class high seating position, more shoulder and elbow room, class leading rear knee room, and premium contoured seats.
· Bluetooth Connectivity – Hands-free phone & audio streaming
· Satellite Navigation – 2D/3D view with one year free map update
· iPhone and iPod™ operations – Charging through USB, Audio content display and navigation of iPod™ through MediaNAV
· USB, AUX-IN, SDVC – Audio playback through flash drive & phone and Speed Dependent Volume Control
· The digital instrument cluster features an onboard digital trip computer that highlights gear shift indicator, distance to empty average fuel consumption etc.
· Driver aid Equipment – One touch lane change indicator, intermittent windscreen wiper with tear drop wipe
Renault went a step further with the launch of a product in the small car segment that is attractive and innovative, yet affordable. Renault has made efforts to take the localisation level to 98%, which will positively influence the overall cost of ownership.
Thanks to aggressive localization and optimization, the car offers best-in-class maintenance part costs, which positively impacts the overall cost of ownership. Renault will offer a 50,000 km/2 years warranty policy, extendable up to 80,000 km/4 years. Renault will also offer complementary Road Side Assistance for 2 years.
Renault India Pvt. Ltd. is a fully owned subsidiary of Renault S.A.S. France. Renault India cars are manufactured in the manufacturing facility located in Oragadam, Chennai, with a capacity of 480,000 units per annum. Currently, Renault India also has a widespread presence of more than 219 sales and service facilities across the country with benchmark sales and service quality.
Renault India’s product line up and services have seen strong recognition among customers and industry experts alike, winning more than 60 titles, including 31 accolades for Duster as well as awards for Pulse and Scala, making Renault India one of the most awarded automotive brands in a single year in India. The recently launched Renault KWID has already bagged 25 awards, which include 9 Car of the Year Awards.