…Reiterates renewed focus on Renewable Energy in India
- Over 600 exhibitors, over 26,000 visitors, 40 countries & 10 country pavilions
- Exuberant International Participation, Global Interest, International Investments & Technology Breakthroughs marked the 10th Anniversary of REI
- Renewed support of Central & State Governments and Key Nodal Agencies
- Three-day Industry conference on ‘Renewables…surging ahead’, captured the entire breadth of the Renewable Energy Spectrum with 23 Sessions and workshops
- An exclusive Session on International Solar Alliance by the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, reinforced the key aspects of policy and the growing importance of Indian Leadership on the World Energy Map
- Crucial Industry Dialogues in the form of CEO Conclave, took forward important discussions on Industry, Policy and International perspectives
- Growth of 13 % in footfalls.
- The 2nd edition of the Renewable Energy India (REI ) Awards, a prelude to the REI Expo, recognised and honoured excellence in the various facets of the Renewable Energy project development and performance.
Sept, Delhi (NCR): UBM India, India’s leading exhibitions organiser, successfully concluded the 10th edition of its flagship event, Renewable Energy India (REI) Expo held from 7th to 9th September 2016 at the India Expo Center & Mart, Greater Noida. The event was supported by the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, Government of India (MNRE), Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency Ltd (IREDA), Solar Energy Corporation of India Limited (SECI), National Institute of Wind Energy (NIWE) and International collaboration through the Indo-German Energy Forum (IGEF) and Bloomberg New Energy Finance (BNEF).
The expo was certified by UFI, the global association of the Exhibitions Industry, and saw the presence of key dignitaries, Shri. Upendra Tripathi, Secretary, MNRE , Government of India; Mr. Justin Wu, Head of APAC, Bloomberg New Energy Finance, Hong Kong; Hon’ble Mr. James Gordon Carr, Minister of Natural Resources, Government of Canada; Mr. Hans-Josef Fell, President of the Energy Watch Group (EWG) & Former Member of German Parliament; Mr. Munehiko Tsuchiya, Executive Director, NEDO, Japan; H.E Ambassador Tomasz Łukaszuk, Embassy of Poland in India; Mr. Yogesh Mudras, Managing Director, UBM India and Mr. Rajneesh Khattar, Group Director, UBM India amidst an august industry gathering.
The show brought together internationally renowned exhibitors, consultants, business experts and key government officials under one common platform, to discuss global best practices and seek solutions to some of the most pressing challenges in the power and energy sector.
REI in its 10th anniversary saw over 600 exhibiting companies and participation from countries such as India, Japan, Switzerland, USA, Korea, Taiwan, China, Australia, Italy, Canada, Malaysia, Netherlands, Israel, Germany, Spain, Singapore, Belgium.
Yogesh Mudras, Managing Director, UBM India Pvt. Ltd, said “With REI Expo 2016, UBM India bridged the gap between the Industry, Government & Investors. REI ably supported the Indian Government’s endeavours of a quantum growth in the renewable energy sector by serving as an Industry catalyst, bringing in the international fraternity, including investors and technological experts, to India. I am confident that this will enable the fruition of potential projects and setting up of manufacturing units under the ‘Make in India’ campaign. The show witnessed an impressive turnout of visitors and is clearly Asia’s largest industry event in the renewable energy sector. It duly concluded amidst industry applauds from both International participants as well as Central & State Governments.”
“The special 10th anniversary of the expo saw multiple country participation, best of technology, cost effective solutions, participation of industry leaders and various country delegations, top global brands exhibiting their product and solution offerings, and content-rich conferences,” he summed up.
The REI Expo served as a showcase and launch pad for companies to introduce new products and technologies. These included:
- Webdyn, a French company, launched two main innovative products in India to help with the smart collection of data : WebdynSun & WebdynModbus . The company is a European leader in the supply of multi-protocols concentrators and sensors that cover applications of teleservice and monitoring.
- Vikram Solar Pvt. Ltd. showcased the Solar Tracker device that can increase energy generation by following the Sun’s direction during the day.
- Rays Power Infra. Ltd. launched their rooftop residential business
- Canadian solar energy Pvt. Ltd. showcased 5 busbar modules, Mono PERC modules, double glass modules and 1500 V modules
- SMA Solar India Pvt. Ltd. showcased Zeversolar- rooftop solution
- DuPont highlighted products including DuPont™ Solamet® photovoltaic metallization that helps in significantly increasing the efficiency of solar cells and the power output of solar panels. The second product highlighted was DuPont™ Tedlar® polyvinyl fluoride films - the only backsheet material proven to protect solar panels for more than 30 years even in extreme climactic conditions.
- Mundra Solar PV Ltd. displayed advanced technologies such as High Efficiency, Multi Crystalline silicon solar cell, Mono PERC Technology, Module Level Power Technology along with high-end Inverters, AC Solar Modules and Bifacial Technology at the event
- RelyOn Solar announced a partnership deal with MiaSolé for sales and marketing of its Next Generation, Flexible, Ultra-light Solar Technology and will represent MiaSolé for the India and South Asia markets
- SEMIKRON launched its High Voltage (3300 V) and High current (1000 A & 1400 A) for the first time in India further strengthening its already strong and vast product portfolio.
- Hitachi Hi-Rel offered Grid Connected Solar Inverters with an available range between 250 kW to 1.25 MW, having 1.2 GW installed base in India
- Waaree Energies Ltd, a solar photovoltaic module manufacturer launched the new 1500V System Voltage crystalline solar module. The module comes packed with a whole lot of inherent advantages which are absent in 1000 V modules. Certain key ones include the lowering of balance of system costs as high voltage systems allow larger number of modules to be connected in a single string, reducing the number of combiner boxes, shorter runs of wiring, trenching, labour and DC breakers, all of which create reduced efficacy in the system.
- Renesola launched their high frequency modules, based on PRC technology, and double glass-based modules that are expected to be available in the market from 2017
- SOLARGISE displayed and demonstrated their latest technology with new modules for the first time in public. The production of the new module which has less glass and more of plating is expected to commence soon.
- ABB displayed new string inverters, sample inverters and outdoor switch gate
About UBM India
UBM India is India's leading exhibition organizer that provides the industry with platforms that bring together buyers and sellers from around the world, through a portfolio of exhibitions, content led conferences & seminars. UBM India hosts over 25 large scale exhibitions and 40 conferences across the country every year; thereby enabling trade across multiple industry verticals. A UBM Asia Company, UBM India has offices across Mumbai, New Delhi, Bangalore and Chennai. UBM Asia is owned by UBM plc which is listed on the London Stock Exchange. UBM Asia is the leading exhibition organizer in Asia and the biggest commercial organizer in mainland China, India and Malaysia. For further details, please visit ubmindia.in.
UBM India is India's leading exhibition organizer that provides the industry with platforms that bring together buyers and sellers from around the world, through a portfolio of exhibitions, content led conferences & seminars. UBM India hosts over 25 large scale exhibitions and 40 conferences across the country every year; thereby enabling trade across multiple industry verticals. A UBM Asia Company, UBM India has offices across Mumbai, New Delhi, Bangalore and Chennai. UBM Asia is owned by UBM plc which is listed on the London Stock Exchange. UBM Asia is the leading exhibition organizer in Asia and the biggest commercial organizer in mainland China, India and Malaysia. For further details, please visit ubmindia.in
Disclaimer- This message (including any attachments) is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is non-public, proprietary, privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, notify us immediately delete this message immediately.