ONE OUT OF FIVE PEOPLE IN THE WORLD CANNOT READ OR WRITE

Posted by: at 9/28/2016 11:19:00 pm


BURGER KING McLAMORE℠ Foundation Raises Awareness of World Literacy Month

Bangalore – September 29, 2016 – September is World Literacy Month. According to the World Literacy Foundation, one out of five people in the world can’t read or write – 20% of the population globally1. To raise awareness, the BURGER KING McLAMORE℠ Foundation created a campaign that shows the other approximately 80% what it feels like to be illiterate.

ONE OUT OF FIVE PEOPLE IN THE WORLD CANNOT READ OR WRITE

Literacy and increased access to education are core pillars of the BURGER KING McLAMORE℠ Foundation, which was established in the name of BURGER KING® Restaurants co-founder James McLamore who believed in higher education for all.

To draw attention to the 20% rate of illiteracy Burger King India launched a social media campaign which features Facebook and Instagram posts written in foreign languages that fans can “translate” through Facebook’s auto translation tool to reveal the messaging in English about the power of literacy and education.

The BURGER KING McLAMORE℠ Foundation works hand in hand with non-profits TECHO and Room to Read in communities in the United States and globally to support initiatives dedicated to improving literacy. To learn more, visit www.bkmaclamorefoundation.com.


1 World Literacy Foundation

About the BURGER KING® Brand

Founded in 1954, the BURGER KING® brand is the second largest fast food hamburger chain in the world. The original HOME OF THE WHOPPER®, the BURGER KING® system operates more than 14,000 locations in more than 100 countries and U.S. territories. Almost 100 percent of BURGER KING® restaurants are owned and operated by independent franchisees, many of them family-owned operations that have been in business for decades. The BURGER KING® brand is owned by Restaurant Brands International Inc. (TSX,NYSE:QSR), one of the world's largest quick service restaurant companies with more than $23 billion in system sales and over 19,000 restaurants. To learn more about the BURGER KING® brand, please visit the BURGER KING® brand website at www.bk.com or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

 About the BURGER KING McLAMORESM FOUNDATION

The BURGER KING McLAMORESM Foundation is a U.S.-based 501(c)(3) non-profit public charity, whose global effort is aimed at supporting the advancement of education around the world. Inspired by BURGER KING® co-founder James W. McLamore, its mission is to make a positive impact in our communities by building brighter futures through education and providing hardship assistance to members of the BURGER KING® family. The BURGER KING McLAMORESM Foundation also partners with select charitable organizations worldwide that share its mission of advancing education.


About the BURGER KING® India Pvt Ltd 

Burger King India Private Limited is the master franchisee for BURGER KING® in India, operating BURGER KING® restaurants nationwide. BURGER KING® opened its first restaurant in India in 2014 and operates 62 restaurants across Mumbai, Delhi NCR, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Chennai, Vijaywada, Kochi, Pune, Chandigarh, Jalandhar, Ludhiana, Amritsar, Karnal, Rajpura, Jaipur and Dehradun.



Share Your Opinion

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...