India 23 October 2016: Ashwagandha when consumed in controlled and prescribed quantities doesn’t have any side effects. You may experience side effects when you consume it in high quantities.
Some general side effects of ashwagandha are that after a week of regular consumption, you may feel a sudden rise in your body temperature. In some people may even cause a drop in temperature which may cause cold, chest pain, and a runny nose. Read on to know the side effects of overconsumption of ashwagandha:
1. Overconsumption of Ashwagandha can cause kidney lesions in some People as it possesses diuretic properties. Some may also experience diarrhea and severe abdominal pain.
2. Ashwagandha (Indian Ginseng) is said to be unsafe for people suffering from auto-immune diseases like HIV and AIDS it possesses immune stimulant properties.
3. People undergoing an organ transplant should avoid taking ashwagandha (Indian Ginseng) as it tends to slow down the recovery process.
4. Ashwagandha (Indian Ginseng) is unsafe for pregnant women and new mothers as it tends to interfere with the nutrition received by the baby. It may also cause intestinal problems in pregnant women.
5. Ashwagandha (Indian Ginseng) can be very harmful to the body when it’s used with other sedatives and tranquilizing medicines. In extreme cases it may lead to anaphylaxis which is a life threatening disease.
6. One of the side effects of ashwagandha is sudden weight gain.
7. It is always recommended to consume, ashwagandha with other herbs to counter its strong rejuvenating properties.
8. You should avoid having ashwagandha if you are suffering from lupus and multiple sclerosis as it may cause dangerous health issues.
9. In some people ashwagandha (Indian Ginseng) may also cause side effects like respiratory problems, decrease in blood pressure and abnormal heart rhythms.
We recommend you’ll to always consult a healthcare professional before consuming ashwagandha (Indian Ginseng) .
Ashwagandha In Combination With Other Herbs Plants and Dosage of Ashwagandha
Ashwagandha - Side-Effects, Interactions and warnings
What is Ashwagandha (indian ginseng), Nutritional Value and uses of Ashwagandha
How to select and store Kiwi Fruit?
Various Uses of Kiwi Fruit
Health Benefits of Kiwi Fruit for Health, Skin and Hair