· Cost-effective Dell Wyse 3030 LT thin client offers security, manageability and a great virtual desktop user experience based on Wyse ThinOS or ThinLinux technology
· Wyse ThinOS 8.3 adds rich unified communications support for Skype for Business and updated features in concert with major virtual workspace solutions partners
· Wyse Device Manager 5.7 offers new intuitive, simplified web-based UI and public cloud deployment options
· The redesigned thin mobile client is suitable for range of industries including finance, government and manufacturing
Bangalore, Karnataka – October 6, 2016 - Dell Cloud Client-computing today unveiled its portfolio of new and updated virtual workspace solutions including new thin client and software solutions to meet the demands of the modern workplace. Newly launched workspace solutions include the Wyse 3030 LT, a highly secure and affordable solution based on ultra-secure Dell Wyse ThinOS. Dell is also announcing the latest version of its virus-resistant, thin client operating system, ThinOS 8.3, and the latest version of its management software - Wyse Device Manager 5.7.
Dell has always been at forefront of the innovation to drive down the cost and complexity of deploying VDI solutions across enterprises of all sizes, while providing better performance and more manageability that organizations demand for present requirements as well as scalability to address future needs. The Dell Wyse 3030 LT thin client offers organizations a highly secure, yet affordable solution with broad connectivity that can be easily scaled for deployments ranging from a few employees to tens of thousands. It can be configured with either Wyse ThinOS 8.3 to deliver leading-edge security and an optimized user experience.
To cater to needs of ever evolving mobile workforce the new redesigned mobile thin client portfolio was also introduced. The mobile thin clients are ideal for a range of industries including finance, healthcare, government, manufacturing, energy and exploration industries. The new thin clients enable organizations to empower their mobile workforce to securely access cloud applications and data remotely, while ensuring the security, manageability and centralized control provided by a virtual desktop environment.
As modern workplaces require heavy security measures, Dell continues to provide organizations with the most virus-resistant, thin client operating system with Wyse ThinOS 8.3. With this release, Dell has integrated the Citrix HDX RealTime Optimization Pack for increased unified communications capability. Furthermore, ThinOS adds support for Skype for Business in addition to Lync 2010 and Lync 2013. ThinOS 8.3 supports a set of updated protocol features from Citrix, VMware, Teradici, and RDP, as well as Windows 10 virtual machines. It also supports Amazon Web Services connections over PCoIP, and is compatible with the latest Wyse management options, including Wyse Device Manager 5.7. For healthcare customers, it also supports Imprivata’s biometric fingerprint authentication solution so clinicians can quickly and securely access patient data throughout a healthcare facility.
For centralized management of Dell Wyse thin and zero clients the Dell Wyse Device Manager (WDM) is the premiere solution allowing IT teams to easily issue software images, patches, updates and add-ons from a single console. WDM is a highly scalable thin client management software solution, giving customers the ability to reliably scale to more than 100,000 devices based on eitherWindows Embedded Standard, Linux, ThinLinux, Wyse ThinOS, or PCoIP. It is available in a free Workgroup Edition for deployments of up to 10,000 seats, or a paid Enterprise Edition for customers with larger VDI deployments. Version 5.7 includes major enhancements to improve user experience and management.
“Modern Indian enterprises of all sizes need to keep up with emerging trends of mobility, collaborative workforce and above all harness the power of big data and analytics to be profitable and thriving in the competitive marketplace. Also for most organizations today it is imperative to put solid security measures to empower the mobile workforce who need official data on the go. We at Dell are rising to that challenge with our next generation of virtual workspace solutions from thin clients to its own thin client –optimized software, to the management and data security solutions that make it easier for Indian enterprises to make the most of their IT deployment,” said Santosh Pandey, Country Manager for India, Dell Cloud Client Computing.
Additional features of the Wyse 3030 LT include:
· Highly Secure: The Wyse 3030 LT thin client includes support for single sign-on and VPN, and is based on the inherently secure, virus-resistant Wyse ThinOS or ThinLinux operating systems.
· Easy Manageability: The solution offers an easy, out-of-the-box setup, with flexible configuration and management via Wyse Device Manager to deliver over-the-air configuration and policy management. With these management solutions, IT administrators can support Wyse thin clients and select mobile devices from a single console, enable user self-service provisioning and monitor user devices, track asset inventory or enforce policy compliance for thousands of devices.
· Leading Performance and User Experience: The thin client features a dual-core Intel Bay Trail 1.6GHz processor and integrated graphics engine for a smooth, enjoyable user experience including support for two high-resolution displays up to 1920x1200, 60Hz. The solution also offers multiple connectivity options including wired networking or 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac dual band Wi-Fi, two Display Ports, and four USB ports, including one USB 3.0 port for high-speed peripherals.
· Superior energy efficiency: The Dell Wyse 3030 LT consumes less than 12 watts and is Energy Star certified, so organizations can enjoy lower energy consumption costs and reduce their carbon footprint.
Dell Inc. listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services that give them the power to do more. For more information, visit www.dell.com.