Company recommends interim dividend of Rs. 3 per share
20 October 2016: India’s leading animal healthcare company, Hester Biosciences Limited has reported the following Q2 FY17 results:
FY17 - FY16
FY17 - FY16
1. Hester has reported a Net Sales of INR 29.63 Cr in Q2FY17 as compared to INR 24.01 Cr for the previous corresponding period, thereby registering a growth of 23%.
2. Net Profit for Q2FY17 is recorded at INR 5.97 Cr as against INR 4.30 Cr for the previous corresponding period, thereby registering a growth of 39%.
3. Earnings Per Share for the Q2FY17 is at INR 7.02 as against INR 5.05 for Q2FY16.
1. Hester has reported a Net Sales of INR 59.76 Cr in H1FY17 as compared to INR 48.53 Cr for the previous corresponding period, thereby registering a growth of 23%.
2. Net Profit for H1FY17 is recorded at INR 11.97 Cr against INR 8.96 Cr for the previous corresponding period, thereby registering a growth of 34%.
3. Earnings Per Share for H1FY17 is at INR 14.07 as against INR 10.53 for the H1FY16.
Company has recommended interim dividend of INR 3 per share (30% on face value of INR 10 per share).
· Nepal plant is slated to commence commercial production on 15 November 2016.
· Sales in poultry division grew by 20% while in the Large animal division it grew by 55% in H1. This is in line with our projections.
· Domestic sales grew by 24% while exports grew by 16%. We are short on our export targets, which we hope to recover in H2, more so with Nepal exporting vaccines to Africa.
· Animal diagnostics is our next focus area. We hope to launch our animal diagnostics division in the fourth quarter, thereby becoming one the few animal health companies worldwide, covering preventive, curative, growth promoting products as well as diagnostics.
About: Hester Biosciences Limited (www.hesterbiosciences.co.in)
Hester Biosciences Limited is one of India’s leading animal health care companies. Being the country’s second largest poultry vaccine manufacturer, Hester has rightly positioned itself to capitalise on upcoming opportunities in the animal health care industry globally.
Apart from poultry vaccines, the company has recently forayed into large animal vaccines, poultry health products and large animal health products. The four verticals put together will underpin Hester’s identity as a strong animal health company, addressing all segments in the animal health care sector.
Founded in 1987 by Mr. Rajiv Gandhi, a first generation entrepreneur, he converted a proprietary trading business into Asia’s largest single-location animal biological manufacturing facility. Benchmarked to international quality compliance standards, Hester manufactures and markets veterinary vaccines and health products in the Indian as well as the global markets.
The Company has a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility unit in Mehsana, Gujarat, complying with stringent international norms. Hester is WHO-GMP, Good Laboratory Practices (GLP), ISO 9001, ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001 certified.
The Company’s product portfolio comprises of over 50 vaccines and over 35 health products, which are distributed through Hester’s pan-India distribution network. Exports are currently to 9 countries with registration process on in over 20 countries.
Hester’s key strength is embedded in its cutting-edge research and development capabilities. The Company’s R&D center is recognised by the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research (DSIR), Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India.
A team of 300 motivated individuals drives Hester.
The company is listed on BSE and NSE. For the financial year 2015-16, it reported revenue of INR 100.89 crores with a net profit of INR 19.22 crores.