Stars of Business Awards 2016 was successful in being a terrific platform for honouring the exceptional efforts of trailblazers, and bringing together the who’s who of the region’s business community.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates, October 31: Organised by CPI Business in association with its Presenting Partner National Bank of Abu Dhabi (NBAD) and Strategic SME Partner Etisalat, the Stars of Business Awards 2016 celebrated and honoured top-notch performers from across a wide spectrum of industry verticals.
Held in the glamourous setting of Atlantis Hotel, the Palm Dubai, the iconic awards brand was graced with the presence of VVIP government dignitaries, senior representatives from the public and private sectors as well as C-suite executives.
A night of shining stars
The glittering agenda then moved on to the moment everyone was waiting for – the announcement of the winners for this year’s edition of the Star of Business Awards. Companies were recognised for their exemplary performance across 15 key categories, with the following emerging as the merited winners –
1. Star of Manufacturing: Hira Industries
2. Professional services: AES International
3. Excellence in trade: GEFCO LLC.
4. Excellence in retail: Damas Jewellery
5. Property Agent: Gulf Sotheby’s International Realty
6. Contributions to CSR: Global Development Group
7. Special recognition – CSR: Emirates Foundation
8. Contributions to Sustainability: Diamond Developers
9. E-commerce: Zomato Middle East
10. Media: OMD
11. Special recognition – Media: Orient Planet
12. Education: American University in Dubai
13. Hospitality: Al Habtoor City
14. Healthcare: Medigo - Enhance
15. Star of business: Compareit4me.com
Four special awards were also granted for notable contributions within the regional business landscape. These were –
· Emirati business leader of the year: Her Excellency Reem Al Hashimy
· Lifetime Achievement Award: ,
· Captain of Industry – Male: Maaz Sheikh, Co-founder & CEO, STARZ Play
· Captain of Industry – Female: Renuka Jagtiani, Vice Chairperson, Landmark Group
Stars of Business Awards 2016 took place in association with some of the leading institutions within the SME space including Presenting Partner NBAD, Strategic SME Partner Etisalat, Real Estate Partner Dubai Properties, Health and Wellness Partner OIC – Bupa Global, Freezone Partner Dubai South, Airline Partner Etihad Airways, Cloud Partner Alibaba Cloud, Corporate Governance Partner Hawkamah, Financial Advisory Partner Credence International, Serviced Office Partner One Business Centre, Legal Partner Clip, Hospitality Partner Media Rotana, Support Partner Lions Metal, Support Partner WOMENA, Support Partner Zawdeh, Support Partner Egyptian Steel, Support Partner Azur Blue, Support Partner Beyond Borders, Knowledge Partner Dtec, Media Partner Wamda and Broadcast Partner CNBC Arabia.