Benefits Of Green Tea for Skin and Hair and health
Now Green tea became Viral, and everyone loves to drink this tea. Have you ever wondered what green tea is good for? If you are a lover of Green tea and sip one or two cups daily, then you should know what are the benefits of this green tea. Once, it is a favorite beverage in China and Japan, and now it became popular as a health drink. Green tea is loaded with very strong, natural antioxidants called polyphenols that work to keep your body, skin and hair healthy, but also works well to block the growth of cancer cells. This tea is derived from the leaves Camellia sinensis plant,. The green leaves for green tea are steamed and not fermented, which helps in preventing the catechins from oxidizing. To benefit the most from a cup of green tea, it’s best if you brew it from the loose tea leaves instead of using tea bags. Doing this not only imparts a distinct flavor but also has more antioxidants. Read on to find some of the benefits of green tea for health, skin and hair.
Health Benefits of Green Tea
1. Green tea for Oral HealthAnother advantage of the tea is its ability to kill the growth of viruses and bacteria which causes dental problems. It reduces the risk of dental plaque and cavities. Green tea also helps in slowing down the growth of bacteria that cause bad breath. To get rid of bad breath all you need to do is wash your mouth using green tea (1 tea bag in 1 cup of water). The anti inflammatory properties of green tea also helps in reducing any inflammation in the gums. For this you can easily make a homemade toothpaste using a high concentration of green tea liquid and a teaspoon of baking soda. Using this paste daily will not only help reduce gum inflammation, but also will prevent the growth of plaque on your teeth.
2. Green tea Lowers CholesterolThe flavonoids present in the green tea reduce the bad cholesterol in the blood and improves the amount of good cholesterol. Green tea contains catechin. Research has shown that catechins work to decrease the cholesterol absorption in the gut, which in turn helps to reduce the level of bad cholesterol in the blood. This property of Green tea makes it an amazing food for heart health.
3. RelaxationTeas are a kind of relaxing in nature and if you have to choose between different types of tea, then select the green tea. It consists theanine which is a natural element that provides a calming effect. Brew a cup of green tea combined with the spoon of honey to get rid of stress. The polyphenols that are present in green tea help your brain maintain a steady supply of glucose, which is very important for the brain to function. Green tea is also known to contain theanine which is an amino acid that works to relieve stress and anxiety. Theanine also works great as an antidepressant.
4. Green tea Prevents Heart DiseaseSome studies proved that People who drank more than five cups daily were at lower risk of getting heart attacks or stroke. It may also protect against the formation of clots, which are the primary cause of heart attacks.
5. Green tea for Weight LossGood news for all the people who want to reduce their size by cutting down the fat. They can simply add green tea in their diet. Green tea is loaded with antioxidants which are beneficial for our health. It contains a antioxidant known as catechin polyphenol which intensifies the rate at which our body turns food into calories and helps us to burn fat.
6. Green tea - Diabetes ManagementGreen tea is good for people who have diabetes as it regulates the glucose levels. It slows down the blood sugar levels and prevents spikes in insulin. Mostly it helps in managing the type 2 diabetes. The natural antioxidants slow down the absorption of the glucose in the blood. The Very minimum amount of insulin is needed to maintain the glucose. Thus green tea helps in lowering diabetes.
7. Green tea an Anti – CancerAccording to some studies, the risk of cancer reduces with daily consumption of green tea. Green tea is rich in antioxidants which is known to fight free radicals which are the main cause of cancer. It blocks cancer promoting actions of UV lights and carcinogens. It helps not only in minor skin problems but also major types of cancer. Green tea is very beneficial in healing the pre-cancerous scaly keratosis. It is a skin issue which is caused due to overexposure to the sun.
8. Green tea Prevents ArthritisIt contributes to preventing and reduces the risk of rheumatoid Arthritis. It blocks the production of chemokine which is a protein that increases inflammation in the body and makes the cartilage less flexible. This is a symptom of arthritis. By blocking the production of chemokine it protects the cartilage and thus prevent arthritis.
9. Green tea Boosts ImmunityGreen tea is rich in antioxidants like flavonoids and polyphenols which boosts the immune system. These compounds in green tea also makes the bones stronger and builds up immunity which fights with diseases. Green tea is also loaded with vitamin C which helps to fight cold and flu and keeps you healthy.
10. Green tea for Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’sResearch carried on mice showed that the polyphenols in green tea could protect the brain cells from dying or getting damaged. Regular consumption of green tea can reduce the risk of degenerative and neurological diseases like Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.
11. Green tea Relief from AsthmaIt helps to get relief from asthma as it contains theophylline. This relaxes the muscles that give support to the bronchial tubes which in turn reduces the severity of asthma. Green tea also reduces the chances of catching allergies.
12. Blood PressureSo many say that green tea is not good for people having blood pressure as it contains caffeine. It is true that it contains caffeine but in a tiny amount, which doesn’t impact the pressure levels. It has many positive effects on overall heart health, it helps in managing blood sugar levels and cholesterol, which in turn helps to manage blood pressure levels. Green tea is also known to suppress the angiotensin 1- converting enzyme.
13. Green tea Maintain Liver HealthGreen tea is said to be very beneficial for your liver as it contains antioxidants which work in getting rid of the harmful free radicals from the body and keep your liver healthy. Daily consumption of green tea also reduces the risk of fatty liver.
14. Green tea Prevents OsteoporosisOne of the common problem noticed in women after menopause is low bone density. Osteoporosis is a condition which causes the bones in the body to become weak and brittle and increases the risks of fracture. Green tea is rich in fluoride which works to keep your bones strong and slows down its breakdown, thus reducing the risk of osteoporosis.
15. Green tea Cures Upset StomachGreen tea is known for its bacteria-destroying abilities which make it a great antiseptic and is amazing in preventing common stomach problems like food poisoning, stomach infection, etc. Excessive consumption of green tea is known to cause an increase in the secretion of the acids in the stomach which can cause acid reflux and ulcers.
16. Green tea Helps with Iron AbsorptionResearch shows that drinking green tea mixed with the juice of lemon helps the body in absorbing iron from the foods you eat. Green tea has certain compounds which restrict the body from absorbing iron, but Lemon juice when mixed with green tea works to lower this effect and allows your body to absorb the iron it requires to stay healthy.
17. Treats Genital WartsGreen tea extracts when applied topically has been found to effectively treat external genital and perianal warts. One green tea extract, sinecatechin, is an FDA approved drug used to treat genital warts.
You May Also Like