Benefits of Neem for hair, skin and health
Neem- The Magical Herb For Your Health, Hair, and Skin
Also known as Indian Lilac, Neem is the most valuable herb that provides uncountable benefits to our health as well as the body. In India neem is also known by various names in different languages as Veppilai in Tamil, Vepai in Telugu, Aaru Veppila/Veppila in Malayalam, Limba in Gujarati, Bevu/Olle Bevu in Kannada, Nim in Hindi, Nim/Nimba Pata in Bengali and Kadulimb in Marathi. Almost all parts of leaves can be used to treat various health conditions which include its seeds, leaves, barks, as well as flowers. It has also been an integral part of Ayurveda for more than 1000 years. From treating Leprosy, eye disorders to skin ulcers, Neem leaf can treat hundred of severe Health problems. Neem is also largely used as an insecticide.
Benefits of Neem for Skin
1. Prevents aging
Neem is one of the most effective remedies to delay signs of aging. Its regenerative properties and immune stimulating compound fight the pathogen below the skin surface, which help the skin to remain supple and prevents aging.
Application of neem oil on your face helps in soothing the skin and lowers the effects of aging, you can also add neem powder in face packs.
How to use neem to prevent aging
2. Treat acne
Neem is overloaded with antibacterial and medicinal properties that clear acne and prevents breakouts. It is also highly effective to get rid of whiteheads and blackheads.
How to use neem to treat acneFor treating acne you can grind a few neem leaves with some tulsi leaves to make a powder. Mix this powder with a little rose water to make a smooth paste. Apply this paste on the acne affected skin to get rid of pimples naturally.
3. Cure skin dryness
To prevent skin dryness, it is really important to moisturize the skin without making it oily and using Neem face pack is definitely the best way to do that.
How to use neem to cure skin drynessYou can also mix some neem powder with water and few drops of grape seed oil to make a homemade neem face pack. Apply this amazing homemade neem face pack to moisturize your face and get rid of skin dryness..
4. Helps to treat skin infectionsThe benefit of using Neem is that it prevents skin infection and manage bacteria so that they do not overgrow. Since it is a good antibacterial cleanser, it can be used to treat several skin infections.
How to use neem to treat skin infectionsMake a concoction by boiling 20 neem leaves in a litre of water and strain it and let it cool. Add 100 ml of this concoction to your bathing water to get rid of any skin infections.
Not many people know this, but Neem is the best remedy to get a radiant and glowing skin. Neem can also help you get rid of many skin problems like skin dullness, aging, pigmentation, and blackheads that will make your skin look flawless and youthful.
5. Makes your skin scars free and glowing
How to use neem to make your skin scar free and glowingTo get Glowing skin, prepare a paste of neem leaves and turmeric with a little water and use it as a face mask twice a week. Applying this paste is usre to give you clear and glowing skin.
Neem has amazing properties which work to control the overproduction of sebum in the skin. Neem is known to not only control excess oil but also prevents acne breakouts.
6. Controls excess oil
How to use neem to control excess oilMix some neem oil with a juice of one lemon and some yogurt to make a nice oil control face pack. Apply this neem face pack twice a week to get rid of the excess oil from the facial skin.
7. Lightens skin pigmentation
Neem is known to have properties that work to lighten skin pigmentation and get rid of blemishes from the skin.
How to use neem to lighten skin pigmentationTo get rid of pigmentation and blemishes use a homemade face pack made by mixing neem powder, tulsi powder, sandalwood powder and some rose water. Apply this face pack and let it dry on your face. Rinse it off using cold water. Use this face pack regularly to get rid of pigmentation and blemishes completely.
8. Get rid of blackheadsNeem is very useful in getting rid of blackheads and other skin impurities and gives you clear glowing skin.
How to use neem to remove black headsTo remove blackheads dilute a few drops of neem oil in water and apply it directly on the blackheads. Applying this solution regularly is sure to get rid of blackheads and prevent them from forming again.
9. Treats PsoriasisPsoriasis is a painful skin disease which is mostly associated with dry and scaly skin, psoriasis makes your skin look like it’s burnt. Neem oil works amazingly to stop the irritation caused by it. It also works as a good moisturizer for the skin, which helps to reduce the dryness and scaling. The neem oil has antibacterial properties which prevent the infection from increasing.
How to use neem to treat psoriasisApply neem oil diluted with a little water on the affected area to get relief from the irritation and the itching.
10. Get rid of EczemaEczema is another skin problem which causes your skin to become dry and itchy. The best way to get instant relief from the irritation caused by eczema is to use neem. Neem also works to clear the rash caused by eczema.
How to use neem to get rid of eczemaMake a paste by boiling the neem bark and grinding it with some water to form a smooth paste. Apply this neem bark paste on the eczema affected area to get instant relief from the irritation caused.
11. Removes Dark CirclesAre dark circles making you look dull, then neem is the remedy you need to try. Neem works amazingly in reducing pigmentation and moisturizes the skin under the eyes.
How to use neem to remove dark circlesTo make this home remedy make a paste of water and some neem powder. Apply this paste on the dark circles below the eyes. Let it sit there for 15 minutes and then rinse it off using cold water. Apply this regularly to see your dark circles disappear.
Benefits of Neem for Hair
1. Prevents Hair Fall
You can use Neem as a hair mask by making a paste of neem leaves and some water. Apply this hair mask in your hair and let sit there for 20 minutes and then rinse it off using water and a mild shampoo. Alternatively you can also use Neem infused water to rinse your hair to control hair fall.
How to use neem to prevent hair fall
2. Treat DandruffNeem is a great scalp cleanser due to its antibacterial and antifungal properties. It keeps the skin hydrated, eliminates dandruff and is highly effective to treat male-pattern baldness.
How to use neem to treat dandruffFor treating dandruff, you just need to boil some Neem leaves in water, let it sit aside and cool down. Strain this water in a bottle and use it to rinse your hair after you shampoo.
3. Treat Scalp related issuesIf you are suffering from any kind of scalp infection, then Neem is surely the best remedy to get rid of it. The benefit of using neem hair pack on the scalp is that it retains the moisture in the hair and prevent dryness.
Apply a mix of henna powder, neem powder, yogurt, lemon, black tea and coffee on your scalp and hair. This mixture is sure to solve all your scalp related issues by disinfecting it and moisturizing it.
How to use neem to treat scalp related issues
4. Promote Hair Growth
How to use neem to promote hair growthMassaging your scalp with neem oil works to improve the blood circulation in the scalp and promotes hair growth.
5. Maintains the health of the ScalpNeem helps in keeping the scalp problems away and also works to retain the moisture in the hair and preventing them from becoming dry and dull.
How to use neem to maintain a healthy scalpTo strengthen your hair and to get a healthy scalp, take a few drops of Neem Oil and rub it on your scalp. Follow this remedy twice in a week for a month to give a new life to your hair.
Health Benefits of Neem
Ulcers are one such problem that often troubles us and occurs due to the disturbed pH level of the stomach and intestine. So if you are looking for a fast and effective to treat ulcers, then Neem is all you need as it balances the pH level and its analgesic properties reduce the pain.
1. Treat Ulcers
How to use neem to treat ulcersConsuming neem bark extracts 30 mg two times a day regularly helps to cure stomach ulcers.
Neem works amazing to help you treat many respiratory disorders like asthma, wheezing, cough and breathing problems.
2. Helps to treat Asthma
How to use neem to treat asthmaTo treat asthma completely, start with taking 3 drops of Neem oil and put it in the center of your tongue and swallow. Increase the dosage to 4 drops next week and so on. It can go up to 1 tablespoon.
3. Aids digestionBeing a rich source of Fiber, Neem can really help you to aid digestion. It also contains many essential nutrients, proteins, fats, amino acids, fats and calcium that improve the functioning of the digestive system.
How to use neem to aid digestionConsuming a few neem leaves directly works well to help with digestion and solve many digestive problems like gas, constipation etc.
4. Treat DiabetesNeem acts as an insulin that maintains the blood sugar level and helps to balance sugar metabolism. It is also one of the best natural remedies to get long lasting relief from diabetes.
How to use neem to treat diabetesIt is suggested that having 4-5 leaves of Neem early in the morning on an empty stomach is very beneficial in controlling diabetes.
Neem has been in use since ancient times as an oral remedy as it prevents gum diseases and also cures the bleeding of gum and bad breath. You can also use it to treat a toothache and can get shiny teeth by brushing them with twigs. Using Neem twigs also treats cavities, plaque as well as foul smell.
5. Maintains Dental Health
You can use neem twigs to brush your teeth, to make them white and shiny. Chewing on neem twigs helps you get strong teeth and also protects your gums from gum problems.
How to use neem to maintain dental health
6. Balance Hormone levelDue to its cleansing and medicinal properties, Neem works best to maintain the hormonal levels in the body. It also improves the blood circulation level and cleanses both the blood and body. When neem leaves are taken daily it helps in improving blood circulation as well as preventing hormonal imbalances which are the main cause for some skin and hair problems
How to use neem to balance hormone levelsEating 2-3 neem leaves along with little honey, every morning on an empty stomach and you will see the difference for yourself.
7. Treat MalariaNeem is a natural antipyretic agent. Malaria is known to affect the functioning of the liver. Consumption of neem leaves works to keep your liver safe from the effects of malaria and also improve the health of your liver.
How to use neem to treat malariaTo keep yourself safe from Malarial side effects, eat a few leaves of Neem regularly.
8. Can cure Breast CancerBreast Cancer is one of the health problems that many women are going through these days. But it can be controlled with the immune boosting properties of Neem capsules. These Immune boosting properties of neem protect the body from the damage caused by the free radicals.
How to use neem to cure breast cancerYou can take neem capsules twice a day regularly to fight against the breast cancer causing free radicals. These capsules should be taken with water after a meal.
9. Heal wounds and RashesRich in antibacterial and therapeutic properties, Neem is a herb that heals almost all wounds and rashes. It also contains many antiviral and antifungal properties that help to treat all infections and health conditions.
To heal wounds and rashes you can make a paste by mixing neem leaf powder and honey and apply it on the affected area.
How to use neem to heal wounds and rashes
10. Treat Joint pain and Muscle painsNeem oil is highly beneficial to treat joint pain and muscle pains. Neem oil is also a proven remedy to treat arthritis.
How to use neem to treat joint pain and muscle painDrink Neem juice or take a few drops of neem oil and apply it on the muscles and joints to get rid of the pain.
11. Antibacterial propertiesNeem is loaded with antibacterial properties which works amazingly to treat many diseases caused by bacterias. Even some fatal diseases like chicken pox and small pox have been treated by applying neem tree paste.
How to use neem’s antibacterial propertiesTo make use of the antibacterial properties of neem just grind a few neem leaves with a little water to form a smooth paste and then apply this paste on the affected areas to treat them.
12. Natural ContraceptiveSince ancient times neem has been used as an natural contraception method. People have used it for birth control and abortions.
How to use neem as a natural contraceptiveTo use neem as a contraceptive to prevent pregnancy, you can mix a water based vaginal lubricant and neem oil in the ration 9 to 1. Apply this lubricant mixture before intercourse to avoid unwanted pregnancy.
13. Treats Nail ProblemsAre common nail problems like splintering and peeling of nails worrying you? Then start using neem oil to stop them. Neem oil works to strengthen your nails and prevent them from becoming brittle. Nail infection can also be one of the reasons for these problems. The antibacterial and anti-fungal properties of neem works well to stop the infections and makes your nails healthy
How to use neem to treat nail problemsTo stop nail related problems just massage your nails and cuticles with a little neem oil to get infection free strong healthy nails.
Since ancient days neem has been used to cure a dreaded disease like leprosy. As per research neem leaves and sap have been found to be very effective in curing leprosy.
14. Treat Leprosy
How to use neem to treat leprosyYou can use neem oil to massage people having leprosy to treat it, as it heals the skin and reduces inflammation when massaged regularly.
15. Purifies the BloodNeem is known to be a natural blood purifying agent which removes all the toxins from the blood. The blood purifying properties of neem protects you from many skin problems and cancers by fighting free radicals.
Drinking Neem leaves extract daily helps in purifying, detoxifying the blood and fighting against any inflictions and damages caused by free radicals in the body.
How to use neem to purify the blood
16. Improves VisionNeem flowers are said to be very beneficial for improving the eyesight.
How to use neem to improve visionTo use neem flower for improving eyesight you need to dry the neem flowers and then fry them. Eat these fried neem flowers regularly to improve your vision.
17. Used in Aromatherapy
Neem flowers oil is used in aromatherapy as it has a calming and restorative effect on the body. Today many creams, massage oils and astringent available in the market contain neem flower oil.