2. The traditional British Slow Cooked Wine
Image Credit: leitesculinaria.com
Ingredients for The traditional British Slow Cooked Wine:
– 1 cup fresh orange juice
– Peel of one lemon
– 150g caster sugar
– 5 cloves
– 5 cardamoms
– 1 stick of cinnamon
– A pinch of nutmeg
– 2 bottles of red wine
– 150ml ginger wine
Method to make traditional British Slow Cooked Wine:
- In a thick bottomed pan add the juice of fresh orange.
- Now Add all the spices, sugar and lemon peel.
- Add in the wine almost to cover the sugar and let this mixture heat on a low flame till the sugar melts.
- Keep stirring this mixture continuously. Now Increase the temperature and heat this mixture on a high flame till it becomes thick.
- Now lower the heat and slowly add the rest of the wine.
- Now finally add the ginger wine and blend it in.
- Simmer the wine for a bit and turn off the flame.
- Your Traditional British Slow Cooked Spiced Wine is ready! Garnish it with orange slices and serve.
Christmas wine you will love it.