1. The slow cooked wine
Ingredients for Slow Cooked Wine– A bottle of Red wine
– 1/4th cup honey
– Juice of 1 fresh orange
– 2 cups of apple cider
– 5 cloves
– 4 crushed cardamom pods
– 2 sticks of cinnamon
– 1 star anise
– 1/4 cup of brandy
Image Credit: endlesssimmer.com
Method to make Slow Cooked Wine:
- In a thick bottomed pan on a slow flame add the wine, Orange juice, honey and Apple cider and stir all ingredients well.
- Now add all the spices and keep stirring it till the wine mixture becomes warm. Keep the flame very slow.
- Now slowly add the brandy to the wine mix and keep stirring everything till everything blends well.
- Simmer the mixture for a few minutes.
- Pour this spiced wine into wine glasses or mugs using a sieve.
- Garnish this spiced wine with some lemon zest and cinnamon sticks.
Christmas wine you will love it.