Benefits of Turmeric for skin
Turmeric is one such herb that offers many beauty benefits and is one of the important ingredients in many expensive face and body creams. But you can gain its beauty benefits easily with DIY turmeric masks. Below we are listing some of the amazing benefits of using turmeric for skin:
1. Turmeric (Haldi) Heal wounds and cutsThe antibacterial and medicinal properties of turmeric make it one of the best remedies to treat wounds and cuts.
How to Use Turmeric (Haldi) for healing wounds and cuts :Take 1-2 tbsp. Turmeric powder and add 1 tbsp. Mustard oil to it. Heat the mixture and let it cool. Now apply this mixture to your wounds and cuts for quick healing.
2. Turmeric Prevents agingTurmeric is the best remedy to prevent the signs of aging. It also acts as an exfoliating agent.
How to Use Turmeric (Haldi) to Prevent aging :Take gram flour and turmeric in equal proportion and make a paste using water. You can also use raw milk and yogurt in place of water. Apply this paste on your face or body and allow it to dry. Wash it off with warm water after 15 minutes.
3. Turmeric Lightens Pigmentation
How to Use Turmeric (Haldi) for skin pigmentation :Make a paste of turmeric, using turmeric powder and cucumber juice or lemon and apply it onto the affected area and allow it to dry for 20 minutes. Wash it off with plain water. Follow this remedy twice a week.
4. Turmeric Helps in skin tighteningTurmeric can give your skin a completely new life by making it younger looking and fresh. It rejuvenates cell growth, contains antioxidant and helps in skin tightening.
How to Use Turmeric (Haldi) for skin tightening :Apply a paste made by mixing turmeric and milk or yogurt on your face. Let this mask be on your face overnight and wash it off in the morning with a light cleanser.
5. Turmeric Controls excessive oil in skinTurmeric is the beauty secret of many women and is highly effective in controlling excessive oil in the skin.
Make a mixture of sandalwood powder, orange juice and turmeric to control excessive oil in the skin.
How to Use Turmeric (Haldi) for oily skin :
6. Turmeric Reduce the stretch marks
How to Use Turmeric for stretch marks :Take 1-2 tbsp. Turmeric, gram flour, and raw milk to make a paste and apply it on the affected area. This remedy will reduce the stretch marks and can be used regularly.
7. Treats acne and pimplesTurmeric is undoubtedly the best remedy to treat acne and pimples. The medicinal, therapeutic and antibacterial properties of turmeric help you get rid of acne and pimples in the most effective way.
How to Use Turmeric (Haldi) for Acne :Take 1 tbsp of turmeric, and 1 tbsp of sandalwood powder to it to make a paste using rose water. Apply this paste on acne and scars to get rid of them naturally.
8. Turmeric Cures Cracked heels
How to Use Turmeric (Haldi) for Cracked heels :Apply a mixture of 3 spoons of turmeric with a few drops of coconut or castor oil on your heels for 10 to 15 minutes before taking a bath. Doing this regularly will soften your heels.
9. Turmeric Reduce the appearance of wrinklesIf fine lines, wrinkles, blemishes are the problems that bothers you and makes you look dull and old, then turmeric is all you need to get beautiful and youthful skin.
How to Use Turmeric (Haldi) for Wrinkles :Make a face pack by mixing turmeric powder and rice powder with raw milk and tomato juice. Apply this face pack and let it sit there for 30 minutes. After that wash your face with lukewarm water. This remedy is sure to reduce wrinkles as well as brighten your skin.
10. Turmeric (Haldi) Helps to cure dry skin
How to Use Turmeric to cure dry skin :Make a homemade face mask for dry skin by mixing 1 egg white, 2 drops of olive oil, fresh juice of 1 lemon and rose water to which you add a pinch of turmeric. Apply this mask on the dry areas. Allow the mask to dry completely and then rinse it off with warm water. This mask can also be applied on elbows and knees.
11. Turmeric Remove facial hairUsing turmeric is the best and the oldest natural way of removing facial hair.
Take some Kasturi Turmeric and gram flour and make a paste using mustard oil or water. Apply the paste on the facial hair and rub gently. Follow this remedy 1-2 times a week.
How to Use Turmeric (Haldi) to remove facial hair :
12. Turmeric Help you get rid of dead cells
The antioxidants present in turmeric fights free radical, make your skin glowing and help you get rid of dead cells and also promote new cell growth.
How to Use Turmeric (Haldi) to get rid of dead cells :Make a paste by mixing turmeric and gram flour with water. Apply this paste on your body and scrub gently while taking a bath. Regular use of this paste while having bath can help to get rid of dead cells and give you a glowing and spotless skin.
13. Turmeric (Haldi) Treats EczemaTurmeric is highly effective in the treatment of several skin conditions like dermatitis and eczema that cause itching, flaky scalp and inflammation and thinning hair.
How to Use Turmeric for treating Eczema :You can apply a mixture of kasturi turmeric with milk topically to soothe the skin and reduce the redness and inflammation caused by eczema.
14. (Haldi) The best night cream
Your night cream plays a lead role in making your skin look glowing and gentle, so make sure you use a good one. And turmeric night cream is definitely the best option to go for.
Apply a paste made by mixing turmeric and milk or yogurt on your face. Let this mask be on your face overnight and wash it off in the morning with a light cleanser.
How to Use Turmeric as a night cream :
15. (Haldi) Heal burns
Rich in antiseptic properties, turmeric is the best remedy to treat burns by providing instant relief.
How to Use Turmeric to heal burns :
You can use Aloe Vera mixed with turmeric to apply it on the affected area to soothe and heal the burnt skin quickly.
You May Also Like