Green tea has many benefits for our skin health. We all know the benefits of antioxidants for our skin and how green tea is loaded with them. The various properties present in green tea help you in achieving a glowing skin, these benefits can be derived by drinking a cup or two of green tea daily. Also applying green tea externally works to give you a healthy skin. Nowadays many cosmetic formulations contain green tea as an ingredient making it an amazing choice to reduce the sun damage. Green tea protects your skin from sun damage by fighting free radicals and also reduces inflammation.
1. Green tea Protects from skin agingGreen tea consists of catechin that makes the skin more resistant to the harmful ultra violet rays from the sun and skin aging. It reduces the skin redness.
2. Green tea Remove ToxinsGreen tea eliminates the waste products from the body making your skin healthy. It even improves the complexion and elasticity of the skin. It can be defined as a natural sunscreen as it protects from UV rays. To make sunscreen, you need to make a cup of green tea and let it cool down. Apply the water on the face with a cotton swab. You can store the rest in an airtight container.
3. Green tea for Dark CirclesKeep the green tea bag in a refrigerator for half an hour and place them on the eyelids. By regular usage helps to get rid of puffy eyes and dark circles.
You may have several natural remedies to get clear skin without pimples. Try using green tea as it’s antibacterial properties fights with the causes of pimples and acne.
4. Green tea Treats Pimples and Acne
5. Green tea as a Natural tonerGreen tea acts as a natural toner to get the youthful skin. It removes the impurities and cleanses the skin which gives a beautiful glow. It helps to keep the skin hydrated all the time.
Green tea protects the skin against the exposure to UV rays and acts as a natural sunscreen. The antioxidants present in green tea helps in preventing the free radicals from settling between the skin cells, which leads to the formation of wrinkles on the skin. To make a homemade green tea sunscreen you just need to boil two cups of water with half a cup of green tea leaves for 5-10 minutes. Now strain the liquid and let the mixture cool down to room temperature. Now using a clean cotton ball apply this mixture on your clean face as a sunscreen.
6. Natural Sunscreen
7. Green tea strengthens your nailsSome people suffer from the yellow color on the nails. Then the green tea is perfect for them. It strengthens the nails and also reduces the discoloration. If you suffer from yellow nails, just soak your nails in green tea once a week to make your nails strong and shiny in a few weeks time. Green tea essential oil can also be used as a cuticle oil. You just need to add a drop of it to each nail once or twice a week and get rid of brittle nails.
How to use Green tea for getting Healthy skin?
You just need to mix 100 gms of green tea and half a liter of water in a bowl, Now let this mixture sit for 40 minutes at room temperature. After that strain this liquid and store it in a bottle in the refrigerator. You can use this green tea mixture as a face splash to instantly refresh your tired face after a long day, or you can apply it on the rash affected areas to treat minor rashes, It also works wonderfully to heal cuts and blemishes, and can also be used to treat sun burns. Using this mixture to wash your face regularly will also help clear acne from your skin and prevent it from coming back.
Did you know that green tea leaves can also be used as a gentle exfoliator. For this all you need to do is mix 3 teaspoons of yogurt with 1 teaspoon of green tea leaves and slowly massage your face with it. Now let the mixture sit on your face for 5 minutes. Later wash it using lukewarm water. Green tea has amounts of oligomeric proanthocyanidins which are one of the most powerful antioxidants found in nature. These antioxidants help in slowing down the process of premature aging, leaving your skin feeling youthful.