A true SUV designed to dominate all terrains
- Sculpted & powered to perfection, the all-new Fortuner gets tougher with a stylish new design & luxurious features
- Available in an all-new 2.8 L diesel engine with a new 6-speed automatic & 6-speed manual transmission
- Also available for the first time, new 2.7 L petrol engine with an all-new 6-speed automatic & 5-speed manual transmission
- New Fortuner equipped with a range of safety features including 7 SRS airbags standardized across all grades
- Bookings and deliveries for new Fortuner begins today along with vehicle display at dealerships across India
Photo Caption (From L-R) : Mr. T S Jai Shankar , Deputy Managing Director, TKM, Mr. Akito Tachibana, M.D, TKM, Mr. Hiroki Nakajima, Managing Officer, TMC and Mr. N. Raja, Director & Senior Vice President (Sales & Marketing), TKM at the official launch of all new Toyota Fortuner in New Delhi.
Priced competitively in the range of Rs. 25,92,000 & Rs. 31,12,000 (ex-showroom Delhi) the all-new Fortuner will be available in the following grades:
- New Fortuner available in two brand new colours- Phantom Brown & Avant Garde Bronze
· Product Highlights
- All-new power packed 2.8 L diesel engine available with a new 6-speed automatic transmission with sequential & paddle shift & a new 6-speed manual transmission
- New 2.7 L petrol engine with an all-new 6-speed automatic & 5-speed manual transmission
- Newly developed frame structure that delivers exceptional torsional & bending rigidity even in the harshest environments
- New suspension enhances ride comfort, through straight-line stability, controllability, handle response & advanced damping technology
- Newly adopted Hill Start Assist Control (HAC) & Downhill Assist Control (DAC)
- Electronic drive control
- Eco & Power drive modes
- Newly adopted Active Traction Control (A-TRC)
Safety & Security features
- Impact absorbing structure with pedestrian protection support
- 4 Wheel Disc Brakes with Antilock Braking System (ABS), Electronic Brake force Distribution (EBD) & Brake Assist (BA)
- 7 SRS airbags
- Vehicle stability control (VSC)
- Speed auto lock with emergency unlock
- WIL-Safe (Whiplash Injury Lessening) front seats
- ISOFIX Child Seat Mount and Tether Anchor
- All row three point ELR (Emergency Locking Retractor) seatbelts with Pre Tensioner & Force Limiter (PT/FL) in front row
Stylish Exterior features
- New Exterior design: Tough & Cool
- New tough & wide imposing grille
- Auto Bi-beam LED with DRLs
- Smart entry with push start
- New tough & urban alloy designs (17” & 18”)
- Chromium finished surround window beltline
- Fully automatic power back door with height adjust memory & jam protection
- LED rear combination lamps with aerofins
- Available in two brand new colours: Phantom Brown Metallic and Avant Garde Bronze
Luxurious Interior features
- New Interior Design: Tough and Gorgeous interiors wrapped in soft upholstery, metallic accents & wood-grain patterned ornamentation
- New 7” tablet inspired touch screen Infotainment with Navigation
- New dark brown interiors
- LED coordinated cabin lights
- New optitron cool blue combimeter with large TFT multi-info display
- Second row one touch tumble seats
- Cooled upper glove box
- Tilt & telescopic steering column
- Park assist with back monitor & rear sensors
Bangalore, November 7th, 2016: Toyota Kirloskar Motor (TKM) today announced the launch of one of the most anticipated products of the year - “The All New Fortuner”. The 2nd generation Fortuner with its tough and cool design comes loaded with enormous power, exceptional ride comfort, premium features and top-class safety & security which exudes the same level of dependability & drivability as the Toyota Land Cruiser.
Priced in the range of Rs. 25, 92,000 and Rs. 31, 12,000 (Ex-showroom New Delhi), the All New Fortuner will be available in six grades. The New Fortuner comes with a new 2.8 L diesel engine with an All-New 6-Speed Automatic Transmission with sequential & paddle shifters and a new 2.7 L petrol engine.
The all new Fortuner gives reassuring performance of 177 PS and 450 Nm torque for the 2.8 L 6 speed automatic transmission. All-new Fortuner is also available with a refined 2.7 L petrol engine generating a performance of 166 PS & 245 Nm.
Sharing his thoughts on the core development of the new product during its launch, Mr. Hiroki Nakajima- Managing Officer, Toyota Motor Corporation said, “My entire development team was passionate about creating an ‘authentic SUV’, which we chose to interpret as a three-row, seven-seat Space Utility Vehicle (SUV). While this made it clear what was needed on the inside, we also knew that we needed a design that could be appreciated when viewed from the outside.
Meanwhile, we discovered that customers find value in the pride of owning a vehicle with full-fledged 4WD capability as well. So even if they are just using it around town, we needed to enhance its 4WD performance.
I am certain the new Fortuner’ s enhanced all-terrain capabilities will satisfy even the most demanding customer. In the new Fortuner, customers will find value and prestige that goes beyond their expectations. I am confident that we have honed Fortuner into a machine that can take its rivals head-on, even in the highly competitive SUV category”, concluded Mr. Nakajima.
Speaking at the launch, Mr. Akito Tachibana- Managing Director, Toyota Kirloskar Motor said, “Fortuner is one of our flagship models and has won many hearts globally and as well as in India. Its massive road presence and unbeatable performance has helped make its way to become the undisputed market leader in its segment.
While evolving the needs of customers is paramount for us at Toyota when developing a product, the 2nd generation Fortuner is a reflection of our constant determination to make better cars. We are confident that the new Fortuner will further delight our customers and continue its legacy to maintain its number one positioning in the Indian SUV market”, continued Mr. Tachibana.
Sharing his thoughts on Toyota’s new offering, Mr. N. Raja, Director & Senior Vice President (Sales & Marketing), Toyota Kirloskar Motor Pvt. Ltd said “The Fortuner has been a market leader in its segment with 70% market share ever since its launch in 2009 and is better known as a true SUV with powerful performance. A Fortuner customer is ambitious, accomplished and requires a vehicle for both weekend getaways and daily commute. This discerning individual desires a highly capable vehicle that serves as a reflection of their own success. Today, we at Toyota Kirloskar Motor are proud to say our new Fortuner underpins all of the above. The 2nd generation Fortuner is loaded with fresh design, comfort, performance, durability, fuel efficiency and versatility. On the outside, the new Fortuner represents a compelling design that suits the advanced taste of modern SUV buyers. Under the hood, our engineering team has ensured that the Fortuner is equipped with the most advanced all-terrain capabilities that will cater to even the most demanding customer.
Safety is a vital part of Toyota’s philosophy and we seek to uphold this principle in every single product that comes out of our stable. Today, as we launch the latest Fortuner, we are proud to say that it is equipped with a comprehensive and technically advanced range of safety features that offer advanced toughness that goes beyond just physical durability of the car. With the New Fortuner, we are certain to carry forward the brand legacy of undisputed SUV segment leader and keep the customers delighted”, further added Mr. Raja.
Bookings and deliveries of the all new Fortuner will begin today along with vehicle display & test drives in all Toyota dealerships across India.
Available in two brand new colors- Phantom Brown and Avant Garde Bronze, the all-new Fortuner will continue to be available in the existing five colours- Super White, Attitude Black, Grey, Silver Metallic & Pearl White.
Some of the key features (depicted by images) * in the new Fortuner are depicted through images as below:
1. All-new power packed 2.8 L diesel engine available with a new 6 speed automatic transmission with sequential & paddle shift & a new 6 speed manual transmission
2. New 2.7 L petrol engine with an all-new 6 speed automatic & 5 speed manual transmission
3. Newly developed frame structure that delivers exceptional torsional & bending rigidity even in the harshest environments New SUSPENSION enhances ride comfort, through straight-line stability, controllability, handle response & advanced damping technology
4. Electronic drive control
5. Eco & Power drive modes
Safety & Security Features
1. Impact absorbing structure with pedestrian protection support
2. 7 SRS airbags
Stylish Exterior features
1. New Exterior design: Tough & Cool
2. New tough & wide imposing grille
3. Auto Bi-beam LED with DRLs
4. Smart entry with push start
5. New tough & urban alloy designs (17” & 18”)
6. Chromium finished surround window beltline
Luxurious Interior features
1. New Interior Design
2. New 7” tablet inspired touch screen Infotainment with Navigation
3. New dark brown interiors
4. New optitron cool blue combimeter with large TFT multi-info display
We are offering an exciting new range of Toyota Genuine Accessories (TGA) for All New Fortuner.
Keeping in mind the positioning of vehicle & Fortuner customers liking to enhance vehicle appeal, we are offering Accessory Line up to cater to two different directions,
Firstly, Premium Accessories – Enhances exterior accent making it stand out & meet customer expectation on enhanced premium
Another direction is to enhance the Rugged / Toughness of the vehicle to suit customer need to further enhance the toughness.
We will be offering a total of 22 Accessories. These Accessories are designed with styling inputs from styling designers who worked on vehicle styling. The involvement of Vehicle Designers has ensured integrated appearance which compliments vehicle styling.
We have followed the same stringent & trusted Toyota Development Process as vehicle parts. This has ensured the same vehicle level of QDR (Quality, Durability and Reliability) along with Safety. Stringent Part Evaluation ensures that there is no adverse effect on Performance of vehicle.
We have highlighted major accessories below,
Premium Accessories – Enhances exterior accent making it stand out from others. Adds to social status
Head Lamp Garnish
Tail Lamp Garnish
License Plate Garnish
Tough / Rugged Accessories – to enhance rugged quotient of vehicle