Ø Greenroom Creative launches Indian Couture Experience Season 1 on 8 March 2017 at Hyatt Regency New Delhi.
Ø ICE is set to showcase 25 of the most prolific Indian Designers in Hong Kong, New York, Melbourne in March, April, May 2017.
Ø Shyamal and Bhumika, Shivan and Narresh and Nikhil Thampi to showcase a preview of their collections for ICE.
New Delhi: 8 March, 2017 – Greenroom Creative launches the first season of Indian Couture Experience showcasing top Indian designers to an international audience of shoppers, media and fashion fraternity. Season 1 launches today at the luxe Lounge at Hyatt Regency with a preview by Shyamal and Bhumika, Nikhil Thampi and Shivan and Narresh who will also be doing a special showcase in Hong Kong, New York and Melbourne respectively.
The launch falls aptly on International Women’s day aimed at celebrating the leading women in the industry and the best of Indian fashion.“ICE is a platform for exploration and collaboration. We wish to bring Indian fashion at the forefront globally. It’s time to change the mindsets and stereotypes related to Indian wear”, adds Ankita Sareen Batra, Director Greenroom Creative and Curator of Indian Couture Experience.
"ICE will be doing a world tour showcasing some of India's most creative and exciting names in this pop up format," she added. Designed in a hip fashion pop up format - ICE will be show-casing the eclectic collection to the fashionistas, press and top fashion buyers in Hong Kong, New York and Melbourne.
It will present capsule collections from twenty five of the most desirable designers from India covering the sectors of apparel, jewellery, shoes and bags.
Shyamal and Bhumika who will be debuting in Hong Kong market will be showcasing their off the runway Spring Summer 2017 collection. “Showcasing with ICE in Hong Kong forwards our goal of taking Indian art and craft to the world”, adds Shyamal.
Nikhil Thampi who has dressed Bollywood’s top leading ladies and the power circle will be showcasing a collection which is a mix of new-age fusion Indian wear and western high prêt, adds “We are excited about our association with Indian Couture in their first edition and look forward to a successful tour”.
Shivan and Narresh will be showcasing their collection that will celebrate the spirit of holidays, honeymoons & destination weddings in Melbourne. Speaking on the occasion Shivan adds, “The association with ICE is an exciting one as it is the first time modern Indian design is being introduced on such a platform to the Australian market”.
Indian Couture Experience – Hong Kong
ICE is all set to hit the shores of Hong Kong on 17 and 18 March 2017. The curtain raiser event on 17 March will showcase Shyamal and Bhumika’s couture collection to an audience comprising top HNI Indians and International media.
The main event which is scheduled for 18 March is a full day fun pop up showcasing collections that will range from Indian bridal, prêt and indo-western outfits.
· Arjun and Anjalee Kapoor – A brand that already enjoys a huge fan following in Hong Kong, ace designers Arjun and Anjalee will be showcasing their range of bridal gowns, lehengas and cocktail outfits in Hong Kong.
● CASA POP- The cosmopolitan and kitschy pret diffusion line by Raseel Gujral Ansal Casa Pop will be showcasing their exclusive range of clutches and trunks.
● Devnaagri - Devnaagri embodies the spirit of contemporary Indian fashion. Shop lehengas, anarkalis, kurtas, sarees and other Indian designer wear.
● Divya Reddy – From her roaring success at Lakme fashion week 2017 she brings a collection for Hong Kong that will include both pret and couture. Her signature Bead embellishments used with wild mountain non cultivated handloom cotton fabrics. Soft fine handloom Tussar silk fabrics along with their signature raw silk ensembles will be showcased.
· Esha Sethi Thirani - Our pret collection 'FIONA' celebrates the glamour of the1950’s era inspired by iconic pin-up girls like Marilyn Monroe, Fiona Campbell Walter and Audrey Hepburn.
‘Fiona’ reflects an interesting mash-up of popular colours such as palm green, scarlet, piscine and mulberry that lends the collection a luxurious, vintage feel. Neoprene fabric is chosen to highlight the natural curves of the woman’s body. The fabric has also been carefully woven together using ‘intrecciato’, a weaving technique using warp and weft, to create detail in terms oftexture and surface embellishment. Plunging necklines and cinched waists are highlights of the collection.
● Izzumi Mehta- With a name that’s Japanese, a family that’s Indian, and a bag full of fun world experiences, Izzumi will be presently her latest SS17 Bridal collection.
● Kashmiraa – Soft pleats and ruffles are the USP of Kashmiraa dresses – her collection is perfect for cocktail events, red carpet appearances and power events. Watch out for her business suits with motifs and beaded florals and bodycon dresses.
● Kukoon – From quirky prints and embellishments on blazers to their statement capes Kukoon is bringing their latest collection to Hong Kong. Watch out for their pencil skirts with unique motifs.
● Lola By Suman B – Exemplifying contemporary luxury with a collection that reflects a serene balance of fluid and structure. The SS '17 collection from Lola by Suman B uses Sheer and sheen fabrics dusted with pearl and gold glass embroidery enhance the water colour floral prints. The prints this season were illustrated by Saffron Wiehl which were then converted into repeats by Graphic Designer, Reishabh Kailey. Bali- the collection, meticulously designed to create silhouettes that luxurious and contemporary. Whether you add separates like the skirts , the sheer sleeve blouse, the mid calf length dresses to your closet there's a little piece Bali with you! The colour palette ranging from sky blue - light rouge- biscuit - moss green and dark orchid.
● Megha Garg - Designer Megha Garg, hails from the joyful city of Kolkata, India. Her collection for HK ranges from plain draped dresses to beaded gowns, quilted sequins kurtas to conceptualized cocktail outfits, curated in varied hues and exquisite embellishments.
● Nandita Thirani –Her forte is in embroidered wear especially bridal couture and specializes in producing bespoke and bridal garments. Meticulous embroidery meet simple cuts, strong contrasts balance subtle palates, contemporary blend seamlessly with time-honored styles all of which fuse together to fashion the definitive bridal portfolio.
● Nestaah - The brainchild of the powerful duo Kastur & Nehal Savla - Nestaah introduces exquisite hand crafted bespoke jewellery suitable for all age groups and occasions. The collection emphasizes on a strong electric collection using lots of natural stones. Intricate enamel & polki marks their collection showcase at ICE.
● Nidhika Shekhar – Her latest collection is a celebration of individuality and sensuousness. Her signature style is synonymous with simple cuts, luxurious feminine fluid fabrics, rustics to smattering bright color palette and intricate and exquisite hand embroidery. Her styles beautifully flatter the female form with an amalgamation of oriental and western ideas.
● Nikita Mhaisalkar- From the runway to your closet, Nikita Mhaisalkar’s collection will comprise of her edgy contemporary silhouettes. Celebrities swear by her intrinsic work and attention to detail. The collection will comprise of couture and pret line includes embroidery, hand-block printing and screen printing.
● Nikhil Thampi – Nikhil Thampi’s collection for Hong Kong is a mix of new-age fusion Indian wear and western high pret.
● Pariah by Pranami – A collection of Romantic, feminine and timeless pieces showcasing a blend of Assamese roots, Indian heritage and global sensibilities. From the hinterlands of Assam, Pranami’s collection will represent Assam’s couture tradition to the forefront of ICE HK.
● Prerto- Jewellery that ties up 18k rose gold and swarovski elements, Preto will be showcasing a luxury fashion jewellery range handcrafted by artisans.
● Rekha Modi –Rekha Modi makes delicate yet exquisite handmade jewellery for brides. Very popular as party favours and mehendi function bridesmaids gifts she is showcasing a range of haathphools, bracelets, armlets, maang tikkas, floral and gotta patti jewellery – each unique and made with passion.
- · Sania Shroff – A lush couture collection with understated, attractive and detailed silhouettes.
- Zoraya- Showcasing a bespoke line of contemporary Indian wear for today’s new age woman Zoraya’s collection will be combining artisan craftsmanship with intricate embroidery.
Shyamal and Bhumika with their models