- New Corolla Altis boasts of Dynamic & Prestigious design coupled with Advanced Sophisticated feel making it Toyota’s world renowned #1 sedan
- Exceptional performance with Super CVT-I 7 speed sequential shiftmatic & with Sport Mode & Paddle Shift
- The new Corolla Altis is equipped with a range of safety features including Hill start Assist control, 7 SRS Airbags, Vehicle Stability Control, ABS, EBD and BA reiterating Toyota’s commitment to safety
- Introduction of a new dark sparkling luxurious ‘Phantom Brown’ colour
- Competitively priced starting Rs. 15,87,500 (Ex-showroom New Delhi), the new Corolla Altis will be available in the following grades:
Rs. 19, 05,000
- Bookings and deliveries for New Corolla Altis begins today along with vehicle display at dealerships across India
Key Features of the New Corolla Altis
1. Advanced Bi-beam LED Headlamps
2. LED Daytime Running Lamps (DRL)
3. New 3D bumper design
4. Advanced grille design
5. Stylish LED Tail Lamp
6. Sophisticated new alloys
1. Newly designed Instrument Panel with Soft Touch Dashboard
2. Interior colour refreshed to flaxen
1. Enhanced performance with 7 Speed Super CVTi with Sport Mode and Paddle Shift
2. New Corolla Altis will be available in the following engine options:
- 1.8 L petrol engine with Dual VVT-i
- 1.4 L diesel engine with Variable Nozzle Turbo and Intercooler
3. Sport drive mode adds to the responsive drive train
Comfort & Convenience Features
1. Minus ion generator (nanoe)
2. Autofold and reverse linked ORVM
3. New Corolla Altis continues to offer opulent rear reclining seats
Safety & Security Features
1. 7 SRS airbags
2. Hill Start Assist Control
3. Vehicle stability control
4. ABS & EBD with BA
Bangalore, March 15th, 2017: Toyota Kirloskar Motor (TKM) today announced the launch of its premium & global sedan – The New Corolla Altis. The new Corolla builds on Toyota’s legendary Quality, Durability and Reliability with significantly enhanced quality in every aspect of its design and engineering. The Corolla Altis is owned and appreciated by customers in some of the best cities in the world like Tokyo, Sydney, Shanghai, Moscow, San Francisco and Rio - de- Janeiro. The Corolla Altis is undoubtedly one of the most popular sedan which is sold in over 150 countries and has a base of over 44 million happy customers across the world. Crafted to exquisite perfection on the outside and designed to offer utmost comfort inside, the new Corolla Altis clearly inherits the legendary Corolla DNA in always evolving and being designed to meet the diverse needs of a global customer base.
The New Corolla Altis boasts of advanced and dynamic exteriors and prestigious interiors. The new stylish grille, LED headlamps, LED DRLs along with New 16.0 Alloy Wheels add to the dynamic look of the vehicle. The quality of the interior space is created by the newly designed Instrument Panel with Soft Touch Dashboard and the refreshed Flaxen interior colour.
New Corolla Altis
New Corolla Altis is the only real sedan to offer a spacious cabin with rear reclining seats which ensures utmost comfort. The New Corolla Altis is available in two engine options- 1.8 L petrol engine with Dual VVT-i and 1.4 L diesel engine with Variable Nozzle Turbo and Intercooler. The Corolla Altis will also be available with a Sport mode which adds to the already responsive drive train.
Reiterating Toyota’s safety leadership positioning, the new Corolla Altis is equipped with 7 SRS airbags, Hill start Assist control, Vehicle Stability Control and an impact absorbing structure adding to the excellent cabin rigidity and occupant safety.
Available in an all-new dark sparkling luxurious ‘Phantom Brown’ colour, the new Corolla Altis will also be available in its existing colours of White Pearl Crystal Shine, Silver Mica Metallic, Champagne Mica Metallic, Grey Metallic, Super White & Celestial Black.
Commenting on the new launch Mr. Akitoshi Takemura, Sr. Vice President, Toyota Kirloskar Motor said, “We are delighted to be presenting the New Corolla Altis which has been developed keeping in mind, aspirations of a premium sedan customer. The Corolla Altis is one such true global Toyota model which is manufactured in 16 Toyota plants worldwide and owned and appreciated by customers in some of the best cities like Tokyo, Sydney, Shanghai, Moscow, San Francisco and Rio-de-Janeiro. The Altis embodies a prestigious and luxurious real sedan in India and is preferred by an elite set of customers. The new Corolla Altis offers the best in design and comfort making it a compelling combination of the brand’s passionate design, exquisite interiors and host of safety and convenience features. We are certain that the new Corolla Altis will further add to customer delight and our customers will continue to appreciate the new product as it has been appreciated by more than 44 million happy customers worldwide”.
Also speaking on the occasion, Mr. N. Raja, Director & Sr. Vice President, Toyota Kirloskar Motor said, “The Corolla Altis is a globally acclaimed bestseller sedan for Toyota. Not just across the world, but also in India the Corolla Altis has constantly been a leader in its class. A true sedan in the C segment in India, the Altis has captivated its customers and the market alike with its features like prestigious styling, luxurious and spacious interiors and a dynamic performance. Over the years the Corolla Altis has emerged as one of our strongest products in the country enabling us to strengthen our position in the premium C sedan segment with an average of over 40% segment share. We are confident that the new Corolla Altis will be successful in maintaining its unshakeable presence in the segment and also reiterate Toyota’s safety leadership positioning in India”, concluded Mr. N. Raja.
Overview of TKM
Toyota Kirloskar Motor Private Limited
TMC: 89%, Kirloskar Group: 11%
Number of employees
Approx. 7, 000 +
Approx. 432 acres (approx.1,700,000 m2)
Total Installed Production capacity
Upto 3,10,000 units
Overview of TKM 1st Plant:
October 1997 (start of production: December 1999)
Innova, Fortuner manufactured in India.
Prado, Land Cruiser and Prius imported as CBUs.
Installed Production capacity
Upto 1,00,000 units
Overview of TKM 2nd Plant:
Start of Production
On the site of Toyota Kirloskar Motor Private Limited, Bidadi
Corolla Altis, Etios, Etios Liva, Etios Cross, Camry & Camry Hybrid
Installed Production capacity
Upto 2,10,000 units